This Oracle SQL Tuning for Developers Workshop will help you explore Oracle SQL statement tuning. Learn how to write well-tuned SQL statements appropriate for the Oracle database.
- Interpret execution plans and the different ways in which data can be accessed.
- Decipher, decide and then apply tuning to SQL code.
- Use various tuning techniques.
- Take advantage of bind variables, trace files and use the different types of indexes.
- Use different access paths for better optimization.
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to SQL Tuning
- Using Application Tracing Tools
- Optimizer Fundamentals
- Generating and Displaying Execution Plans
- Interpreting Execution Plans and Enhancements
- Optimizer: Table and Index Access Paths
- Optimizer: Join Operators
- Other Optimizer Operators
- Introduction to Optimizer Statistics Concepts
- Using Bind Variables
- SQL Plan Management